Tuesday, August 18, 2015

He WILL Do it!

I can't sleep!  Ever have that problem?  I don't want to check out Facebook...okay honestly I already did, not much going on at 2:00 AM on Facebook.  I just chatted with my husband in Africa.  Yeah, thank heavens for Messenger and WiFi...when WiFi is up and running that is!  I don't really feel like playing a game...I could go clean some more, but honestly..ummm NO!

So here I am!  Simply ME...sleepless in Georgia!  I had another wonderful time this morning reading my devotion...okay honestly...let me tell you Ezekiel is pretty discouraging, but the devotion books I read before I get to Ezekiel....wow...powerful stuff!

My Jesus Lives Devotion was talking about Divine Protection!  And my Joyce Meyer devotion was "I want a mind change!"  (Oh Lord DO I ever!)  I have to admit that even though Ezekiel isn't all warm and fuzzy today's reading had a powerful verse for me.  Ezekiel 17:24 at the very end of this verse it says, "I the Lord have spoken, and I WILL DO IT!"

Sweet huh?  Not I might do it if you are really good to me.  Or if you pray a gazillion times in the right way, fast all of the junk food you want to eat and oh yeah help an older lady across the street. No he says I have spoken and I will Do It!

My son made me mad this summer!  Like really mad.  I told him to do something and he started getting really mouthy with me and was telling me several reasons why he didn't need to do what I told him too.  I wouldn't back down, and then I realized that even while he was being mouthy he was doing exactly what I told him to do!  I wanted to be mad!  I wanted to pinch his little head off, but all I could think of was, you told him to do it and he did!  How can you be mad when he's doing exactly what you told him to do?  (Okay parents out there I know I could be correcting the attitude, but he's almost 20, he knows everything and I have a LONG way to go before I know it all!)

Getting back to Ezekiel and God!  I am so glad I serve a God who when HE speaks and says HE is going to do something, HE does it!  Aren't you?  I tell my story all the time but I guess it bears repeating.  I was told as a teenager I may never be able to have children.  When I married my first husband I was having one prophecy after another spoken over me about children, and then he died. At 31 I was a widow and ummmm....childless.  I knew God had told me I would have children.  He not only had spoken it to me, but he had spoken it over me using his people and prophesy.  But ummm I was a widow.  You did get that right?

Three years later I married and became a mom overnight to my son, whose mom had passed away when he was 14 months old.  But I knew even as I began bonding and loving on my son that God had told me I was going to have a child.  After 5 months of marriage I was pregnant!  For the very first time!  Oh that wonderful moment I could tell my husband!  The joy, and then the agony after a miscarriage.  I was depressed!  I became discouraged...until I remembered through the voice of my son that GOD had told me I was going to have a child!  A son-Josiah and a daughter is what He really said!  My next pregnancy was NOT without troubles, but at the end I finally held MY promise! You see when GOD speaks something well you can take it to the bank...it's GONNA happen!

So what has He spoken to you today?  Has He told you not to worry that He will sell that house...Gina...then rest assured...HE will DO IT!  Because WHEN GOD SPEAKS...THINGS HAPPEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment