Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thwart...now there's a word you don't hear every day!

My husband has gone on another missions trip.  Sometimes I feel left out.  I mean since we have been married he has gone on a lot of trips without me.  I will say however when we were first married I know God told me that my first ministry was to my husband and my children.  Our son is old enough to have gone on a few trips with his dad and our daughter is about to turn 14!  To me this means-get out the checkbook because NOW all of us can go on a missions trip together!  

This trip he is in Kenya!  I am so excited for him.  It's the first time he has ever been to Africa!  I can't wait to hear the stories he has to tell.  I always try to do something to encourage him before he leaves.  This time I felt impressed to give him a card for each day he is gone on his journey.  It's really just a postcard I made with publisher and card stock.  Each day I have either written him a note, or another family member has attached a note.  I give him a challenge and a verse or two to encourage him.

The first day my challenge was to just ENJOY the ride!  It's a LONG journey from Atlanta to Africa!  You need to sit back and just enjoy the ride. Kind of like life right? That will preach but I won't go there since it's almost 3:00 in the morning and I want to finish this so I can TRY to get some sleep.

The verse I gave him was Job 42:2. It says "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted!" 

Great WORD thwarted...I don't think it's used enough these days. It means to frustrate or baffle. Kind of where Randy and I are right now. We are frustrated...by unanswered prayers. Baffled because we can't understand WHY God isn't moving. We are consumed with worry...and doubt! 

But LOOK again at the verse. It says I KNOW YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS! NO PLAN of yours CAN be thwarted!  (Don't you just LOVE that word?????  I do!)

In that verse is all we need to remember.  All we need to hold onto when life starts hitting us upside the head. It says, I KNOW you CAN do ALL Things!  Not some things. Not maybe you can pull it off. NO HE CAN DO ALL THINGS!  But the verse doesn't end there, it takes it one step further!  It says NO PLAN of yours can be THWARTED!  

God isn't up there looking at his plan on paper feeling baffled or frustrated about things!  His plans will COME to pass, even when it looks like there is NO way they can happen IF God said they would well they will!  (I mean...HE IS GOD right?)  Here's my challenge to you today!  Don't be baffled...don't be frustrated. Remove doubt and worry...I'm going to! You see I serve a GOD with a PLAN! And even though I would LOVE to know the plan right now...LOVE to check it out, I TRUST that HIS PLANS are the best ones...and they cannot be THWARTED! 

He isn't FRUSTRATED or BAFFLED...and WE shouldn't be either!

No comments:

Post a Comment