Monday, September 14, 2015

Sunrise...Sunset.

It's been kind of rough the last few weeks.  I feel like we gain ground in our spiritual life, but then well pardon the expression, all hell breaks loose!  Have you ever had one of those days?  Or maybe a few weeks of that?   I really honestly do believe that when trouble comes as it has this just means something BIG is about to happen.  I mean we say it all the time to each other right?  Yeah, I know...it's sometimes HARD to hold onto that truth, but hold onto it we MUST!

So imagine my wonderful surprise when a few days ago my husband received this text from one of our dear friends.  His take on things really made me smile!  And made me excited to see the sunrise in the morning.  I had to share it...so thanks John.  I needed that text!

"It's a new day brother!  New challenges, new opportunities for God to display His abundant grace and mercy.  My thinking has been centered a lot around that verse, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world!"  John 16:33 (NIV)

"Darkness comes every single night, it's unrelenting always looming in front of us.  But just as regularly without fail, the sunrise pushes the darkness away for another day.  It's the one thing that people all over the world get up to see and are amazed at its beauty each time.  But the darkness has to come again each night in order for us to experience that spectacular display in the morning."

"We have no control over either one.  The choice we have is whether we stand in fear of the darkness that will come, or we eagerly anticipate another glorious sunrise that is just as sure to come."

"So with you:  Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and NO ONE will take away your joy."  John 16:22 (NIV)

No one will take our joy!  Wow...what a thought...and what a wonderful reminder of something that happens everyday all over the world.  Darkness and Light.  Sunrise and Sunset.

Today...choose JOY!  Choose to smile at the little things...and NOT to worry over the big things!  He is IN CONTROL...and YOU are His Child!  He's got this!


No comments:

Post a Comment