Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Family Huddle #1

Okay...so one thing you have to know about me is that family is very important!  We are a busy family.  Our son is in a Performing Arts high school, and our 10 year old daughter dances on a Show Troupe team.  My husband is a full time Pastor and I am fulfilling my call as his Ministry Administrator and a Mom! All of this keeps us running around quite a bit.

A few months ago we began to actually eat at our dining room table again.  It's been awesome!  Monday's have worked the best for us.  Here is my first challenge of the year.  Begin having a concentrated time with your family in the New Year.  Maybe the same night each week won't work, but set apart some time to sit down at the dining room table and be a family!

Our times started with me simply cooking a nice meal.  The kids would help set the table and on our very first "huddle", we each talked about our favorite Bible character or book of the Bible.  Dad wrote down each of our "favs", and we discussed why these were our favs...Josiah picked King Josiah in the Bible, I wonder why?  We began to use our "huddle" times to read from the Bible and discuss the Bible characters or the book we were reading. We didn't do it every week, we tried to mix our family time together with our Bible study. It made for some very good conversations.  (Believe me in a parsonage almost every conversation comes back to God in some way!  I love that part about being a PW!) 

Hey maybe you are already having a concentrated family devotion time, if so that is great!  I just know that with our busy schedules a daily one doesn't always work!  A weekly time set aside has been FUN, and informative!  So this New Year...make time for your family and your faith!

CHALLENGE:  Find out what your kids favorite book of the Bible is...or maybe their favorite Bible character.  More Family Huddle ideas coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment