Monday, January 16, 2012

Family Huddle #3- Funny Book Moment!

     Just before I married Randy I bought a journal.  Nothing new really, I've been writing in diaries since I was 13 or so.  This journal however wasn't for me...it was for Josiah.  I began writing him letters, notes, poems or just writing down "funny" things he said or did.  When Aiden Rose was born I had already bought one for her too.  The kids funny books have become as much "fun" for me as they are for them.  I don't always write in them, but I try to write down the really big moments, or the really "funny" moments.

     Often the kids will ask me to get out their journals and read from them.  If I have sent an e-mail or a letter to a Grandparent, and I do this often with news of what the kids have been up to, I simply add those to the journal.  So my idea for this week...begin writing down the funny things your kids say and do.  Often we share them with someone, but by the next year they may be forgotten.  Writing them down makes sure they are around for a long time.  I know one day when my kids grow up and move away they are going to love taking their "funny" books with them!  I will just be sad to see them all go! 
 
     Spend time with your kids this week!  I am about to go make Whoopie Pies with Aiden Rose...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment