Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's...Complicated

So I am sure that I have mentioned that I love my new job?  If I haven't...know this...I do.  I am now the Ministry Assistant at our church working along side this very nice looking Italian guy. 

One part of my job is to send out visitor letters.  On the form we have there is a place for Marital Status.  It says things like the usual, Married, Widowed, Divorced, Single and Single Again.  A while back one came across my desk that made me smile, actually it made me rollover with laughter if you want the absolute truth.  On this card the visitor had put in their own category....are you ready for this?  It said, Complicated!  (Told you this was funny!)

I think we have all been there in relationships and in our family.  Complicated sounds like a great way to describe my relations.  I mean I have three mother-in-laws...well I sort of do.  There is Linda, the Mom of my first husband Rob.  A great lady, talented singer and the mother of 5 boys!  She used to be a singer on Cruise ships....yes, that is me being a bit envious.  Then there is Ann, the Mom of my second husband Randy (the nice looking Italian guy I work with!).  Ann is an incredible woman, and a wonderful Nina (grandmother).  She encourages and educates her grandchildren mostly with stories of their dad.  Then there is another Ann...who technically is Randy's mother-in-law from his first marriage to Rhonda...so I am not sure what that makes her to me, but to me Ann is family!  She loves my daughter Aiden just as much as she loves her daughter's son Josiah.  (See I told you it got complicated!)

I love my crazy mixed up family!  I love Ann S. and Ann M. and I love Linda!  WOW...three mother-in-laws!  No matter how complicated your family relations are, just remember to LOVE on them.  After all think about this....Jesus's family was complicated too!  I mean how do you think he tried to explain about His siblings?  Yes, it's Complicated.  Life sometimes is...don't you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment