Monday, January 9, 2012

Family Huddle #2

Okay...so the really funny thing is it's Monday night.  I am cooking the Scalise family favorite..spaghetti, and we are, are you ready for this?  Painting Josiah's bathroom.  You know when you have been promising your kids that you would do something for like, forever, and finally late one Monday afternoon you pull out the paint can?  Well that's what's happening.

Did I mention that it was I who pulled out the paint can, but it's Dad who is putting paint on the wall?  Pretty sneaky aren't I?  Hey..but it's Monday, and Dad is instructing the children in painting.  It's great! I will try to post pics of before and after soon.

I wanted to throw out another Scalise family favorite for "huddle time".  We love to LAUGH!  So...we have scoured the Christian bookstores for some of our favorite comedians.  We really love Tim Hawkins as a family...but there are so many others out there.  Can I suggest "Thou Shalt Laugh".  There are about 5 of them...haven't seen the last one, but so far we have loved them all.  (WE LOVE MICHAEL JR!!!!!)  Go buy one...read your Bible together and then pop in a video and sit back and LAUGH together!  It's the BEST medicine.

Hey we Scalise's don't have it all together...there is still stress, and tension in the house, but one thing we can do really well together is LAUGH...and quote Tim Hawkins!

Enjoy.....and oh yeah...eat some spaghetti while you are at it!  Wow...I cooked dinner, got the family painting the bathroom and wrote a BLOG!  My Monday is complete!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment