Monday, January 23, 2012

Family Huddle #4....and SO many Good Intentions

Wow...I can't believe I didn't get back on here once last week...shows just how busy my life is.  So I am determined to at least write once a week, and give out new ideas for spending time with your family.  Life does get way too busy and many times in the rush, we neglect those closest to us.

So...here's what I wanted to share this week.  We live near the city of Atlanta.  We go into downtown quite a lot for things, and have often wanted to go to the top of the Westin Hotel, to the revolving restaurant.  We always see the Westin in the skyline, and say "someday" we are going up there, but after six years here so close to the city we had never done it.

Have I told you that we are NOT having Sunday PM services as much anymore?  Well we aren't.  Instead of sitting home one Sunday afternoon and evening watching TV we got a quick bite to eat at our favorite sub shop...Firehouse Subs...not only because it has the whole FireMan theme going on...and my husband LOVES it...but also because it was started in the city where we fell in love, Jacksonville, Florida.  After eating our subs we drove into downtown, it was a beautiful fall day the sun was shining and we parked the car and headed up the glass elevators to the top of the Westin. 

I will never forget seeing the kids faces as we climbed up the side of that hotel in the elevator.  They both were sitting down they were so scared.  Once we got to the top they calmed down some. We ended up getting sodas/coffee and we shared two desserts.  We sat for two hours...revolving around that restaurant...talking, laughing and enjoying the view of Atlanta.  I know I won't forget our day, and they won't either. 

So this week...I challenge you, do something with your kids in your city or area...something you have been meaning to do.  It doesn't have to cost that much, ours didn't really.  The time together laughing and doing something new is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment